In 2022, 52% of survey respondents indicate analytic consumers and business intelligence (BI) use cases find it impossible, difficult, or somewhat difficult to locate and/or access relevant data and analytic content. And it gets worse: It’s been this way since this issue started being tracked and recorded by Dresner Advisory Services in 2020, with percentages rising and remaining above a majority level (50%). So how can organizations make it easier to operationalize data? Find out in this latest report from Dresner.
- In 2022, 52% of users find it impossible, difficult, or somewhat difficult to locate and/or access analytic content and data relevant to their roles.
- Across all functional areas, a data catalog is critical to supporting and enabling most BI use cases and user personas, and should play a critical role in problem-solving and decision-making processes.
- Data catalogs continue to show increasing user importance, with 80% of organizations in 2022 considering them at least important.
- Perceived importance of data catalogs goes up as organization size increases.
- Organizations that consider it easy to find and access analytic content are more successful with their BI initiatives.
- Organizations that regard a data catalog as critical or very important also are more successful with their BI initiatives.
- Creating a data-driven culture through change management techniques and training will enable the human and process changes necessary for finding, accessing, and using the organization’s data and BI assets effectively.