This webinar covers how to design, simulate, and close the loop on an LLC resonant converter using PSIM & SmartCtrl. For a design example, we use a popular power supply requirement: 48V to 6V @ 300W. This conversion requirement is referenced by several GaN device manufacturers in their app notes.
We work through some important topics:
- How to determine the operating range frequency?
- How to determine your magnetics ratio?
- Do you need to include dead time in your simulation?
- Can we determine the ZVS range of frequencies?
- How to do a time-domain AC sweep with PSIM to determine the open-loop transfer function?
- How to use SmartCtrl to close the loop to control the output voltage?
At the end of the webinar, we go through a few other design examples popular for resonant LLC applications.